Not much writing news to report, but here’s the last week in brief:
- I’ve mostly been preparing some Christmas posts for when I go on holiday to Vietnam in December. Hope you get a laugh out of them.
- Been doing some more work on my new play Treasure, too, which you can read all about here.
- I have committed my perennial folly of grabbing more books than I can read for the holiday.
- It’s my last week at the studio until next year. Goodbye, Studio 7, my lovely palatial chamber of creativity. Time to take my drawings down and put away my much-neglected pot plants.
- Oh, yeah – and I sat on a bull ant’s nest.
Okay, okay, that’s not the reason I was stupid this week – although that did happen, and I was very lucky to get bitten only on the ankle. No, the real reason I was an idiot this week was that the hard drive of my trusty HP laptop died. Thanks, manufacturers who literally connected it with a piece of tape. And thanks, Past Amelia, for not backing up your work since SEPTEMBER, you silly, silly lady. I nearly lost five chapters of Celestial Kris (12,000 words), plus all my recent edits, plus all the myth segments in between the chapters, plus Treasure… it was a harrowing day. But, with the help of my dad, the local computer repair guys and HP Tech Support in Bangalore, I was able to get it all back. My most valuable possession is now a tiny green memory stick.
Duffers, share your shame in the comments. It’s okay; you’re in good company.